« Thought for the Day |
| Fact for Today »
Do you think you know a lot about foods and their traditions? I found this quiz over at Beliefnet.com. After you select your responses, click on the bar beneath the quiz. Have fun!!!
From coffee to tofu to chocolate, many everyday edibles that seem to have spiritual connections. How well do you know the foods that take many to a higher plane?Plus: Trying to eat healthy? Try the Seven Super Foods of the Bible.
1. Mormonism's "Doctrines and Covenants"2. Rastafarianism's "Kebra Negast"3. Leviticus4. Bhagavad Gita
1. The monks were too old to hunt2. Japanese animist culture believed animals contained gods3. The monks believed it is wrong to kill4. Meat was very scarce in Japan at the time
1. Challah2. Broiled fish3. Lamb4. Bread and wine
1. A lamb2. A pig3. A cow4. An ostrich
1. Flying insects2. A form of desert potato3. Carob pods4. Salamanders
1. Leftover fish2. Stuffed fish3. Burned fish4. Ugly fish
1. A child's arms folded in prayer2. Dough "crossed" on itself to honor the crucifixion3. The letter "b" for "Beten" ("prayer" in German)4. The hat worn by monks at the time
1. Mormonism's restrictions on sweets2. Judaism's kosher laws3. Hinduism's ban on eating beef4. Catholicism's fasting traditions
1. Chocolate babke2. Sweet cheese blintzes3. Apples with honey4. Potato pancakes with applesauce
1. As a snack to get parishioners through his long sermons2. As a gift to the young woman he was courting3. To offset the unhealthy effects of sexual desire4. As a lure for African tribesmen he met as a missionary
Posted at 10:49 AM in Food and Drink | Permalink
The comments to this entry are closed.